Sunday, December 10, 2006

Chasing Snitches

I'll start off with something light - Harry Potter.

I was pretty slow getting my feet wet with the whole Harry Potter craze (like my brother who still refuses to watch or read them), but now I'm swimming, jet skiing, and knee boarding in it (but not para-sailing - I'm not that big of a nerd).

I re-watched Sorcerer's Stone today and appreciated it more than I had the 2 or 3 previous viewings. I've always liked fantasy stuff, as long as it was quality, but with the Harry Potter phenomenon having middle schoolers as its biggest backers I was understandably hesitant. When I watched Sorcerer's Stone in the theater, I thought it was okay. The same went for Chamber of Secrets. When Prisoner of Azkaban came out, I thought it was the best of the three and that they were pretty worthwhile collectively, but I still had not read the books and didn't consider it a priority.

Finally, after having dozens of people with similar interests continually recommending the books, I read SS. I still wasn't too excited. But when I re-watched PoA right before the Goblet of Fire movie came out and it blew me away. Then came the PG-13 GoF - things were getting serious. I then proceeded to finish the series up through Half-Blood Prince and Ms. Rowling left me drooling for more. I speculated and debated eagerly with my friends.

This week the trailer for the Order of the Phoenix movie came out and watched it three times in succession the first time I saw it.

J.K. Rowling has created a really special world that you MUST explore if you haven't yet.

Long live Harry Potter!


wrsiii


p.s. I actually don't even know exactly what para-sailing is.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Heck yes. HP fever at its best.