Sunday, December 10, 2006

Dragons. Hobbits. Singers. Boxers. (and a partridge in a pear tree?)

So, I started reading Eragon a couple of weeks ago - during Thanksgiving break, that is. It's a good book and pretty much perfectly suited to be made into a movie (although incredibly unoriginal thus far). Anyway, the entry of the Wii into my life combined with three final projects has definitely deterred me from finishing the book.

Irregardless, I am definitely looking forward to the release of the movie this weekend. It will be pretty darn cool. If they do it right, it will be an amazing movie and I will see it as soon as possible.

Since I haven't seen any movies recently besides a re-watch of Raiders of the Lost Ark yesterday, I definitely have some thoughts concerning recent developments:

Peter Jackson isn't making The Hobbit?? Seriously? Should they even make the movie now? I'm going to assume that Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens are going with him, seeing as how they are a close friend and a partner, respectively. This could be trouble, and there's already been one awful production of The Hobbit. It's animated, and I watched it in 6th grade. Enough said.

Dreamgirls: Music Biopic III? I have so many beefs with this. Now, I went onto the iTunes Music Store today and listened to some of the soundtrack. It's darn good. Jennifer Hudson is purportedly amazing, and of course the rest of the cast is star-studded. But seriously. Can we pleeeeeease change genres once in a while? Ray was good. Walk the Line was stunningly similar with the exception of the addition of the ridiculously awesome performance of Reese Witherspoon. I guess I'm also prejudiced that this movie has been at the top of Oscar Igloo's Best Pic predictions since August... and no one upon no one had seen it then. I really, really question when that happens. And we saw what happened last year when there was a similar situation.

Dear IMDB, please put the search bar back in the upper left hand corner. I really don't like it at the top of the page. I'm pretty sure there was a different search bar there before, and it's confusing. Also, I don't like fundamental changes like that to website design, especially when it's one so commonly visited. Oh, the particularities convergence class has given me.

Dear Blockbuster, I will probably briefly take advantage of your mailing-label stint thingy so I can rent a few movies, which may end up being The Office Season 2 so my family can see it. But seriously, please stop trying to put Netflix out of business. I don't like you as much.

I'm looking forward to Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. Currently at a 7.4 on the old IMDB. Also, I want to see For Your Consideration... plans for that were unfortunately cancelled due to a long dinner outing.

Rocky Balboa is going to suck. But then again, I couldn't even make it through the first one without falling asleep. Speaking of movies that make me fall asleep, I still haven't bothered to finish Goodfellas.

So, scatterbrained thoughts, since I have no recently watched movie to ponder. Time to go read more stuff about movies on the internet. Also, "irregardless" is a movie reference, not a grammatical error on my part, although the grammatical incorrectness is very in-character for the person whose line it is. Ten points for you if you can name that movie.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I like the name for this blog.

I wrote the title for this thing after I finished it, and then I remembered something my roommate Karen said earlier - someone keeps a running market value for what it would cost to actually give someone the gifts in the 12 Days of Christmas song. Not surprisingly, we are at a 22-year high. Check it: http://www.pncchristmaspriceindex.com/

And with that, I move on to something much less constructive.

No comments: