Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Anatomy of a Murder

Anatomy is kind of a funny little courtroom story... ultimately of no real consequence, but who doesn't love Jimmy Stewart? It also kind of had a goofy ending. The guy that Jimmy Stewart defended in the trial left his wife as soon as he was acquitted, which was good, right? Because then Jimmy could do another court case for the man's slightly slutty now -ex-wife. But hey, she was interested in Jimmy Stewart anyway. Screw the age gap.

So as I was looking at Jimmy's imdb profile just now and discovered two important and hilarious factoids. 1) Jimmy Stewart was the voice of Wylie Burp in that classic that we have all seen 1000 times, Fievel Goes West. Now that I think about it, there is no mistaking that voice, and what a perfect casting call. 2) He also made a guest appearance on the beloved Saturday-morning gen, Goof Troop. Those were the days. Saturday morning cartoons suck now... just throwing that out there.

1 comment:

Rich said...

I wasn't sure if I had seen this one or not. Fortunately, you gave away the ending and I remembered that I had.

Let's go ahead and establish a year before which it's okay to reveal everything and after which spoilers should be avoided: A.D. 1700

I've never seen Fievel Goes West, but I do remember seeing the commercials for it and them mentioning Jimmy Stewart.