Monday, January 1, 2007

First entry of 2007! Oh, and The Good Shepherd


So, it's really long, and a pretty slow developer, but also pretty darn good. I saw it several days ago, but I feel obligated to make a post about it because it's getting Oscar hype - as well it should. The first thing I thought when I walked out of the theater was that the movie is Oscar nod bait. Nonetheless, I'm not really attached to this movie at all. It was very good, and sad, but at the same time a little dry (hence the several days before posting).

Angelina Jolie gave one of the better performances of her career... I'm a little saddened that the folks at The Oscar Igloo have demoted her on the predictions for Best Supporting. Matt Damon did a good enough job, but his role was too dry to be anything really memorable.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this movie is a very good one-timer, and I'd watch it again if a group was going or something... but I'll never Netflix it or buy it. I'm a little on the fence about it, because it was good, and I liked it... but not that much. As for awards, it will get nominations for stuff, but few wins.

So... see it once.

No comments: